Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How To Keep Car Ramps From Sliding

Legends, Part 2

The last few lines posted on the blog has been devoted to the stages of construction and inauguration. I would now like to step back, focusing on various photographic projects of which has not yet spoken in this space.
At this point, present the work done by my colleague Daniel, which is directly related to the previous post "Legends."
Daniel describes his work this way:
"... I started to investigate the history of" legendary "in this country. Every place has its own legends in the world (me, coming from South Tyrol know well ... ), so I asked: "Why not try to understand this place through words and imagery of his predecessors Albanian boys? ". I discovered a very interesting story (see previous post).
simplicity, here is what I should aim for. A tale so simple reflects the vision of an entire people. I worked on this. The only problem was finding Shqipëtar but I would not have been able to work with a method so "logical" in connection with a subject so abstract. Discussed at length with the local boys, but did not notice differences between us, nothing that could ricondurmi to Shqipëtar. Sometimes even globalization can be beneficial: there was no opportunity to develop prejudices about people who may well be those which go with to swim or club on Tuesday through Saturday, in addition to their studies related to my art made them even closer to me. Despite their cultural backgrounds are able to find an interpretation of that legend. The next day I met Julian, a photographer of Vlora, with which I began to work together to complete this project. E 'was interesting for him to find out how the figure of Shqipëtar could be traced back to an older person, to note that for me was definitely the star of a young legend. We started as an adventure within (and outside) the city. We were in the mountains, photographing the places and the promontory of eagles. We visited markets, harbors, temples and photographed people. At this point the project became something else, other than how I would have expected, even better. I started to try to understand that culture. I have found, for example, the food extraordinary and the people who have been able to show hospitality that I will never more be found in different places. What I can not therefore be limited only to the sphere of the "workshop", was something that I will always be in my heart. "



0 comments:

Post a Comment